Wednesday 13 December 2006

Kitchen Disasters!

Having made the stew with ale as featured on this blog, I popped it in the oven. After a couple of hours I checked to see if it was OK and to add a bit more water. Somehow I managed to twist the tea towel around the bottom of the casserole pot and spill the whole lot over the hob. I could have cried, but instead tried to rescue it and put it back in the pot. It still tasted really nice, if a bit light on sauce!

Is it just me?? What are your kitchen disasters?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I once tried to make a big risotto but I had some of those mini scales which wouldn't weigh out enough rice. I knew how much the bag contained so took out the difference. But when it came to cooking I used the wrong rice pile and it turned out really sloppy with hardly enough to feed a mouse.